The Cost of an Emergency Locksmith
Depending on the nature of the job, an emergency locksmith call out in the UK can range from £45 to £150. The cost of the call out will depend on the complexity of the job, the type of lock, and the location of the property.
Factors That Impact the Cost
The cost of a locksmith call out in the UK can vary depending on the following factors:
- Time of Day: Emergency locksmiths will often charge more when they are called out after normal business hours.
- Distance: If the locksmith has to travel a long distance to get to your property, then they may charge a higher call out fee.
- Type of Lock: Different types of locks will require different levels of expertise, and some may require more time and effort to open.
- Number of Locks: The more locks that are required to be opened, the higher the cost of the call out.
- Job Complexity: The complexity of the job will also affect the cost. If a locksmith has to pick a lock, or use non-destructive entry techniques, then the call out fee will be higher.
Average Cost of a Locksmith Call Out
On average, a locksmith call out in the UK typically costs between £45 and £150. This cost can go up or down depending on the factors listed above, as well as the locksmith’s experience and reputation. I
t is important to remember that the cost of a locksmith call out should never be the only factor when deciding which locksmith to use. You should also consider the level of customer service they provide, as well as their reviews and reputation.
How to Find a Reliable Locksmith
When looking for a reliable locksmith, it is important to do your research. Start by reading online reviews and asking for recommendations from friends and family. You should also make sure that the locksmith is registered with the Master Locksmiths Association, as this will ensure that they are qualified to carry out the job.
Finally, make sure that you get a quote for the job before any work is carried out. This will ensure that there are no hidden costs and that you know exactly how much you will need to pay for the service.